Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rebirth!

It seems that all of the indicators of a fresh start are reflected in this week's holidays of Passover and Easter. Even the astrologers are reminding us of the transformational energies of the eclipses, which are forcing us to release and let go of what we no longer need, and are opening us up to the change that is inevitable—this imminent Spring forward.

What strikes me are the undeniable changes that we encounter in the seasons. We cling to Summer as we are watching the leaves on the trees change colors. The beauty of the crimsons and yellows that indicate leaves falling, leaving only bare branches... Fall becomes the icy internal Winter that cannot last forever, even when it feels like it will. Spring awaits, and every year, like a surprise, new life sprouts up and Spring bursts us open. Yet these changes occur in cycles over and over again. On some level we have endless change, and yet on another, this change is predictable. We know from experience that change is nothing to fear. And in the death of one aspect arises the birth of another.

I will try to remember this as the things I cling to fall away and I will allow space for the new to arise and evolve me. Always a rebirth. Ever a new me. It seems that I forget in cycles as well. Having only memory and the DNA that holds my experiences in place within me to remind me that all is well and that all is meant to be exactly as it is, while it is happening. Each time, I forget and try to hold on to the last season of my life as if that was the final act.

This week I will ask for the strength to allow freedom to flow. To float me down the stream in surrender and to trust nature as it is with it's great plan that both protects me and has me traveling down the inevitability of time and cycles. That I too, like the emerging bud, will bloom and fall. Again and again.

Try Rabbit Pose in honor of Spring.


Rabbit Pose

Begin in Child’s Pose. Rest your head on the floor, your torso on your thighs, your arms down by your side. Press your forehead on your knees and reach to hold on to the base of your feet. Inhale. On the exhale, slowly lift your hips, keeping your forehead close to your knees and the crown of your head on the floor. Avoid putting too much pressure on your head and neck. Contract your abs and hold the pose for two to three breaths. Slowly roll back up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment