Monday, February 17, 2014

Be An ACTIVE-ist

I am an active girl. It seems I am always moving it and shaking it. One of the things I hear myself say over and over again is if you want movement in your life, move your legs! Change is imminent, and I have grown to love it. I am just one of those people who actually enjoys change. I love watching the show. Watching the world unfold and unwind itself. But I want to participate! I am an activist!

Lately, I feel a surge of activity. Seems that all of these yoga classes and runs are working out! Change is all around us. Just last week, I was able to see my friends and others speaking out.


Maggie DiNome brought holistic measures, like yoga, nutrition, and acupuncture to the Margie Petersen Breast Center at St. John's. I got to teach to Pink in the front row, in a simple Tree Pose, with Ms. Kate Beckinsale hosting. On Monday, the lovely Jennifer Aniston interviewed Gloria Steinem about modern feminism and redefining our views on value and self-worth. My friend, Lili Haydn participated in the One Billion Rising movement with the release of her new song, Here Is The Rose, rising up against violence towards women. I went to a house party for Marianne Williamson running for congress. Football players and famous actresses coming out at gay. It seems like old structures are being shattered, and we are creating a new framework.


I am incredibly excited about all of this. Personally, I have been breaking through (or at least seeing) some of my old patterns that were developed so long ago as a protective structure. Today, the world reflects my own desire for deep and profoundly permanent change. My inner journey requires an external overhaul. I am seeing more and more my own design that has been holding me back. I can see that when I am in my intimate relationships, I shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes, brushing off how I really feel, instead of sharing my real truth: which is that I am inspired to be completely present to your brave process. When I really take another in, and I see truth in a struggle being shared, and a genuine yearning to shift...I want to participate in that courageous path! I caught myself over and over again, hiding...pretending...but something in me shattered, for the better.

Change or be changed seems to be a sign of the times. I go, willingly. I just may have to start changing by moving my legs. But who knows what movement that will jump start. I hope you come along. Bring your own drummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment