Sunday, July 27, 2014

Playfulness! Celebrate Your Body!






Summer reminds me of the playfulness of childhood. Swimming pools that I swim in until my fingers turn to prunes; watermelon sticking to my hands and running down my chin; riding my bicycle throughout the neighborhood with my best friend until after dark; packing a lunch and going for a three mile hike on foot for fun.

 Then there was my endless multi tasking, making paper dolls, listing my favorite fruits, holding my breath under water. By the end of the day, I would feel so exhausted in the best way : each cell in my body vibrating with life force. It was healthy, but I didn't even realize it because  I was just playing and having fun. In my adult years, I etch my to-do lists into my daily journal and  my iphone that is (sort of) synched up with my e-mail. Each free moment is spent on another angle of accomplishment. In celebration of my childhood Summers,I remind myself daily to do things only because I really want to, and in the spirit of fun. I encourage you, this month to join me in taking time out for fun and to challenge yourself just because you love to.


  • Try a hand stand for the fun of it.
     


  • Gather some friends to play a team sport.


  • Try something new, like stand up paddle board or acro yoga.


  • Eat nature's candy. The summer fruit season is my favorite. I have been living on berries, cherries, peaches, nectarines and watermelon. Yum.


  • Set yourself up for an alfresco dinner.


  • Be excited when you rise for the day. Life is a celebration!



When the sun moves into the astrological sign of Leo, I encourage creativity, play, childlike wonder, and discovering what your true passion is. The planet Jupiter just moved into Leo as well this week, so it expands the qualities of this sign. Leo rules the heart, so living from your heart, opening your heart and expressing your heart's desire are in the spotlight now. Take center stage, and play your role. There is nobody quite like you, and if you don't fully play your part, it won't get played. The essence of you is all you need to bring forward and let it shine. Since Leo rules the heart, cardio vascular exercise and anything that gets the heart pumping is great. I also like playful things like games (soccer anyone), swimming or jumping rope. Yoga poses like Camel, Wheel, and Upward Facing Dog literally open the chest and heart. When you have a moment in your day, close your eyes and see if you can allow yourself to energetically connect to your heart. Watch yourself unfold. Be the love. Celebrate your life and your body and play! 

No comments:

Post a Comment