Monday, May 20, 2013

Voice Yourself!

I remember my first days as a fitness instructor. Little known fact: I began as a Spinning instructor. Back in 1996, I opened my mouth to motivate others. My tiny frame was about 15% heavier at that time. I was still a basically healthy girl, but I did not think of myself as having the ideal body. I was coming out of my own negative self-image. After gaining some weight, I had decided to see what it would be like to fully accept and love myself in ALL of my many phases and forms. I started speaking out all of the positive, loving words to motivate others. I literally felt a healing reverberate throughout my entire being as I spoke kindly about this body that I had once been critical of.

Speaking kindly about myself has been one of the most empowering actions towards self-loving. I encourage you to speak only love about yourself this week. Should you catch yourself being critical or judgmental, take a pause. Take a long deep breath, and find another way to frame that thought. 

As you begin to vocalize kindness to yourself, you will begin to notice that you are more accepting of others. Voice your love. This beautiful tool of giving is what heals us all, collectively. Begin to trust in the power of your voice. When you believe in your own impact, you will understand that your words have the power to affect change. If we want true change, we must change our minds. In order to shift your mind, begin to discipline your words. While it may feel unnatural at first, you may just find how crazy about yourself you are after all! 

Here's a move to open your heart and throat so that you may voice yourself easier. Make it a great week!
Camel Pose in NYC

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to do yoga in NYC. It's on my goals/bucket list.

    ReplyDelete