Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother Earth

This is a picture of me and my mom.
On a day like yesterday, when it seemed everyone was celebrating Mother's Day, as I perused Facebook, listened to the radio, and heard people giving a shout out to all the moms in the room...my heart really went out to those who were not a part of this celebration day. I can't help but think of all the people out there who have lost their mother, who may be estranged from their mother, those who may never have had the kind of loving nurture they needed. People who may not even know their mother.

My mom is super sweet, and even so, I still have my gripes. Having been a young mom, in many ways she was my best friend. As I grew older, I still needed to expand my perception of mother, for I was looking for a true source of nurture. Something that I would be able to connect from within. From personal to Universal. Mother Earth.


Here's my mom with cake.
Mother Earth, or Mother Nature makes no mistakes, offers a bounty of sustenance, and supports you by being the very ground you walk upon. She is always there. You can count on her for the basic support you require on a daily basis.

The ocean is the Mother's womb. The very amniotic fluid that we are swimming in. Creation is constant, and so is the cyclical nature of Mother Earth. It is both content and moody. I turn today to these constant and important forces of nature, which cleanse me and feed me, with room to grow into myself more and more daily. She belongs to everyone and no one. She asks for nothing in return. Mother is with us all. All the time. All we need to do is take a few deep breaths and feel the support that is always available.

Still, I wish to thank the Great Mother, for this great human mother that is my own. Wishing you all bounty and sustenance. As my friend Laura Amazzone a great yogini teacher says: Jai Ma!

No comments:

Post a Comment