Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Home Is Where The Heart Is: "You Are Here"

Summertime is for enjoying the fruits of our labor. It is a time to ground into the nurture that brings joy into your heart and supports your ventures and adventures. My home base is very mobile at the moment, so I am learning to center into my true home, which is my heart. The connection to the heart is highlighted by the full moon on July 3rd. When the moon is full, there is a natural pull between your internal emotions and external expression. This particular full moon highlights how you can express your deepest self as you take authority in the world. We are all being asked to find this balance as we are being forced to revolutionize and evolve out of the comforts of home base. Many of us are being thrust out of the nest, yet are being called to take our tools with us. In the past two months, I have found myself in Toronto, New Orleans, East Hampton, Ibiza and Provence. Without my below practices, I feel ungrounded, with little to give. Finding the connection to my heart is key. This featured video, from my Marilyn Denis Show appearance, is for the arms, which are extensions of the heart. It's the way we hold our loved ones, give, and receive. When your foundation is in flux, it is essential to find the constant. That means home is with you wherever you go. I suggest some grounding practices that you can take with you into the world. As I travel and move, here are some ways that I find my home base:

1. Heart as Home base: Heart-based meditations. You can literally meditate on the feeling in your heart. As you breathe, notice the physical sensation. Allow your emotions to flow freely, and genuinely receive yourself. If you begin this way daily, you will find a true home base. I do this 20-60 minutes each day, no matter when or where I am.

2. Body as Home base: The next constant is my physical body. I get my heart-rate up, pumping my blood to the extremities. Walking is completely available no matter where you are and is my favorite way to see a city when I am away from my home town, Los Angeles. Try the suggested 20-60 minute daily dose.

3. Spirit as Home base: You may have other habits, techniques, and objects that symbolize and connect you with spirit such as music, objects, practices. Perhaps a spiritual book, mala beads, or a crystal. Find your personal touchstone.

As the days get longer, feel your way through. Create home base no matter where you go. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Reach out to others and share the love you have cultivated from within.


No comments:

Post a Comment