|Bound Side Angle Pose|
The yoga pose pictured above: side angle pose, is a good posture to play with.
Tips for Binding:
- Warm up with sun salutes. This will loosen and open the chest and shoulders.
- Stretch the legs with Warriors and Lunges to open the hips and hamstrings
- If you feel tight, listen to your body. Err on the side of doing less. You don't win when you injure yourself!
- Make sure you are opening your chest. Try spiraling your chest open. Draw shoulders back and down
- Breathe! A slow mindful breathing pattern will keep you in tune with sensation.
- Play. Remember this is just an exploration. Enjoy the process with beginner's mind.
For next steps: You may try walking your back leg in and stand, adding balance to the bind. For added flexibility, extend leg...and act like it's a piece of cake.
|bird of paradise prep: step 2|
|Bird of Paradise: full bloom!|